We offer many workshops throughout the semester to help faculty grow professionally at HCC. Below is a list of the workshops that we have offered in the past as well as the accompanying PowerPoint presentation and several useful resources on each topic.
Select a workshop below to view the resources or click here to see current PD offerings.
- A Good IDEA - Connecting Course Evaluations to Instruction
- Active Lecture
- The Adult Learner
- Asking Powerful Questions
- Avoiding Death By PowerPoint
- Classroom Assessment Techniques
- Community College Teaching 101
- Content Delivery Approaches
- Copyright and Creative Commons
- Creating & Leading Engaging Discussions
- Developing Self-Directed Learners
- The Flipped Classroom
- Generational Diversity
- Getting to Know Your Classroom
- Group Work
- Teach From Anywhere
- Teaching Students Who Are Challenging
- Teaching with Google
- TPCK Technology, Pedagogy, Content Knowledge
- Universal Design for Learning
- Why Don't They Do The Readings?